© 2005, 2006, 2016 Richard Linley.
Pantomime in two acts. Running time: About 2.5 hours.
The classic story of a plucky, attractive, orphaned girl living an oppressed existence under the thumb of her wicked stepmother and ugly stepsisters. With the help of her friend Buttons, a young nobleman named Dandini, and an inexperienced but determined Fairy Godmother, she rises above her humble beginnings to marry her Prince Charming.
Principals (in order of appearance):
- Buttons, an old family retainer and friend of Cinderella
- Listeria, a stepsister*
- Influenza, another stepsister*
- Dandini, a young nobleman; friend of Prince Charming*
- Prince Charming*
- Fairy Godmother
- King, Prince Charming’s father
- Queen, Prince Charming’s mother
- Major-Domo, the palace steward
- Mrs. Bunsenburner, a sorceress and purveyor of potions
- Headless Highwayman (a spectral being)
Chorus of Villagers, Servants, and Ball Guests.